BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

5/7/11

IFOF is a term that means "identification friend or foe" most commonly used in the aircraft industry. It is a thing on an airplane that tells people reading the signal if they are a friend or foe. We now have a system of our own. I got this from another site: Have you ever wondered if the skinny girl you see has an ED (A or M)? And proud of it? You so desperately want to ask, or even try to make friends but are scared? Well, no more ... since we have our ribbon "Ana is a lifestyle..." and its red.

I propose that we all get a red beaded bracelet. You can make it or buy them. Wear it daily or when you go out to secretly say that you are proud to be pro-ana or proud to have an ED that is. Anytime you see someone wearing a red beaded bracelet, capture their eye contact and point to your bracelet, and if they return the same point to theirs ... then they are ED friendly. If not, then its just someone who is wearing one.

As for those who are older and feel silly wearing a beaded bracelet, wear a red t-shirt every Monday or when you go out on Mondays.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I know drinking isn't good for me, but I like being able to go and do the same as my friends - it makes me feel just a little bit normal. I don't do it that often though, so don't worry.

I'm really sorry Crina, but I can't accept you on facebook, it's not that I don't want to, it's just I wouldn't be able to explain who you were. I hope you understand. I'm sorry I wish I could.

Thank you for caring.
I do love you
X

Peridot (G+P) said...

I have a red bracelet and a pink one as well (Pink is EDNOS). I wear them sometimes, but not when I'm afraid of being accidentally 'outed'.

Thank you for the comment. Sanity is a slippery fish that keeps trying to get away. Do you have a net?

Peridot (G+P) said...

P.S.

Lol, I've done my bet writing while brimming with RAGE. No shit! Essays, assignments, exams all have better marks when I'm thoroughly riled over the work at hand.

Thank you for your lovely comment. I do believe that some degree of madness is essential to the creative process. You look after yourself too, ok?

sweet pea. said...

haha, its alright if you dont understand my post. half the time, it tkes even me a few tries to understand my writing =P
and in this case, i havent even actually read my pot yet. i just wrote it without really thinking, i didnt revise it, and then posted it and didnt re read it....... so i kinda dont know exactly what it says =P
but im glad you liked it =)))

sweet pea. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sweet pea. said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay, i gotcha. either way, though, im so glad you liked it =))
and thank you.
maybe i should go read what i wrote....... =P
ha.

Anonymous said...

i've missed you pme!

emmeepee said...

Thank you so much for your comment :) it means a lot to me to know that there are people out there who care. so thank you. i have been thinking about what you said all day, and it helps me. i love you. take care of yourself, dear.

~ Megan <3